expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Ranch Chicken and Rice Bake

Ranch Chicken and Rice Bake



Ranch Chicken and Rice Bake - This was my first time making this recipe, but the family decided that this was definitely a KEEPER!!  Everyone just loved the flavor of the rice and served themselves a second helping of just the rice. Additionally, this recipe is 21 Day Fix Friendly and the best part was that I put the dish together when I got home from work and then I got my workout completed while it baked in the oven! BAM!  Killed two birds with one stone!  I know all you busy working moms can appreciate that!!

 Container count per serving: 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange

 TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min


 Ingredients:
 2 cups uncooked instant rice
 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
 1 cup water
 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix*
 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
 1/4 cup butter, melted
 Paprika

 Directions:
 Place rice in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the milk, water and salad dressing mix; set aside 1/4 cup. Pour remaining mixture over rice. Top with chicken strips. Drizzle with butter and reserved milk mixture.
 Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with paprika.

*To be a truly "clean" recipe, you can use your own ranch seasoning mix rather than a ranch packet.  Ranch seasoning is very easy to make and I usually make a jar full in one batch so that I always have some on hand.  

Ranch Seasoning (21 Day Fix Approved):

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp dill

Note: I usually quadruple this recipe to make a larger batch.  I like to store my seasoning mixes in old spice jars that I have emptied.

Enjoy this kid-tested, family approved recipe that is healthy and delicious!!  I served it with green beans and Hawaiian sweet rolls. 

Would you like to join my next FREE clean eating fitness challenge?

 [

No comments:

Post a Comment